Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Three Stage World Map Plans

 So this is what I worked on tonight, just a rough high level sketch of the areas that the game (code-named Second Hour until a name is chosen) will take the player on a journey across.

Sorry, my camera isn't that great on my new phone!  In reality though, I was just looking to give proof that I'm working on something in an active matter, in spite of the longer work hours and degraded health spells.  This is my make or break project, something is coming out of it that I can present to someone, or I'm not going to pursue my creativity as a career.

The overall structure of the game is like this:

Out of one of the seven playable characters, they'll all start out scattered within Location 1, aptly named the Homelands.  There's two ways to get to Location 2 (Qaval Continent) from the Homelands, and at least one way back later on, to show the player the difference their choices have made throughout the game.

The red circles are where I intend to turn the heat up on the player, should they wander into those areas.  Location 3 is colored green so I don't confuse the lines of the land and water when I scan it in.






Well, I'm up entirely too late for my own good, but, progressing on my game is good, so, make of that what you will.  Gee night!


No comments:

Post a Comment