Sunday, June 28, 2015

Development Update!

I've taken a new approach to the game development I've been working on.  I'm building core gameplay prototypes to make sure the game is fun before I actually design and plan more than that.  I've been doing the opposite so far, and it hasn't really worked; I get huge designs (for not high difficulty games in terms of development, just a large quantity to work on overall) and then find out I'm heading in a direction I don't like.

So this should speed up the failure cycle - I try out some core mechanic, tweak it, mess with it, and move on.  Eventually I'll find something that inspires and fuels me, and then I'll design around it.

Other than that, I'm using the kivy app framework at work to make an app for the sales team to use internally.  We need a lot of information in a reliable, consistent form from our customers, so it's (mostly) a simple thing to develop, difficult to design.

That's pretty much it!  The story world of Guiding Iron is still waiting to be put into a form worthy of its quality and depth.

No comments:

Post a Comment